All products sold on our site are designed for use in the commercial foodservice industry. Please be aware of these important differences in the products we sell.
(This information applies to all products used in non-commercial settings, or products shipped to a non-commercial location.)
Purchasing Non-Equipment Items from BigTray
Our non-equipment products are designed for commercial use and may not meet your expectations. These products are designed for their utility, not necessarily the cosmetic appeal you would expect for home use.
Many items sell in large quantities and we cannot break cases.
Purchasing Equipment from BigTray
The equipment we sell is designed for commercial use. Many products are designed for their utility, not necessarily the cosmetic appeal you would expect for home use.
Commercial refrigeration is not for residential use.
Residential refrigeration is sold through a different distribution process than the commercial units found on our site. We do not recommend purchasing our refrigeration equipment for residential use, for these reasons:
- Units are very loud, very hot and consume much more power than consumer refrigerators.
- They require special clearance, insulation and power sources.
- Warranties are not valid in a residential application.
Returns for Home Customers or Orders Shipped to a Residential Address
Commercial cooking equipment is not for residential use.
Residential cooking equipment is sold through a different distribution process than the commercial units found on our site. The units we sell do not carry the American Gas Association (AGA) approval to be legal for use in a home.
We cannot ship cooking equipment to non-commercial addresses or for non-commercial use, for these reasons:
- It is typically illegal to install commercial cooking equipment in your home and will usually void your homeowner insurance.
- Manufacturers do not allow shipment of their products for non-commercial use and will void the warranty if the product is placed in a non-commercial environment.
- Our cooking equipment does not have electronic ignition or proper insulation as is required for units being installed in a home. Pilots run 24 hours per day. Doors and panels get very hot and may cause burns or pose a fire hazard.
Equipment items cannot be returned
Special order items cannot be returned.
Returns on regularly stocked, non-equipment items are accepted within 30 days from receipt of your order. A 30% restocking fee will apply to the return of any regularly stocked non-equipment item.
Simply contact our Customer Service department to receive return authorization and instructions for processing your return. The return shipping label is included on your packing slip.
Your account will be credited upon receipt and inspection of returned product. If your return request is not made in advance, BigTray may not be able to process credit for your returned product.
All items returned should be in original packaging and in resalable condition. You will be responsible for all freight charges associated with the return of the merchandise. Please note that we can process returns and refunds only for items purchased from BigTray.
Care is taken when packing your order and all equipment is inspected before shipping, but on occasion a shipment may be lost or damaged in transit. At the time your shipment is received, it is your responsibility to follow these guidelines.
Before you sign the delivery receipt (or bill of lading), and before the driver departs:
If concealed damage is discovered:
- Verify the number of cartons.
- Open, unpack and thoroughly inspect your shipment for any damage.
- If damage or shortages are discovered, you must make a notation on all copies of the freight bill describing the damage or shortage in detail.
- It is your right to refuse any shipment that shows signs of damage or shortage at the time of delivery.
- Your signature on the delivery receipt is an acknowledgement that the shipment was received in good condition and without damage or shortage.
- If the driver demands to leave before all portions of your shipment have been inspected, note on the delivery receipt (near your signature) that the driver would not allow for inspection.
- If you have questions during delivery, please call Customer Service at 1-800-BIG-TRAY (800-244-8729; 6am-5pm Pacific Time, M-F).
If packing materials are not saved, your opportunity to recover damages will be restricted. Failure to follow any of the above mentioned guidelines will also restrict your ability to return merchandise or file a claim for damages.
- Save all shipping cartons and packing materials.
- Immediately request an inspection by the carrier and file a freight claim.
The freight carrier is responsible for loss or damage.
All shortages or damaged deliveries must be telephoned to BigTray within 2 days of receipt of shipment. BigTray cannot be held responsible for damaged merchandise that is signed for as free and clear of damage.